Globus sports stimulators
Globus offers a wide range of sports stimulators for (not only) athletes. The therapeutic quality of the devices is outstanding, and the range of programmes is so extensive that it may confuse not only the newcomer to stimulators, but also the regular user. This article is intended to help you find your way around.
Sport stimulators – not just for athletes!
Introducing the 6 members of the range:Cycling Pro, Moto Pro, Runner Pro, Soccer Pro, Triathlon Pro and The Champion.
All of these devices are multifunctional, i.e. they provide multiple types of electrotherapy treatments such as TENS | EMS | MENS | MCR | FES | Iontophoresis currents.
The “basis” of each device is the same. These more than 100 basic programs ensure that you can use it to treat, repair, cure or prevent thousands of problems.
- Disease management: pain relief, muscle condition improvement, inflammation reduction, circulation improvement, oedema reduction, incontinence management, deep drug delivery, post-operative rehabilitation
- Sport preparation and muscle recovery, injury treatment and prevention programmes
- Fitness programmes. Weight loss support, post-pregnancy recovery
- Beauty care by improving muscle condition and skin elasticity. Professional microcurrent skin treatment programmes.
The name “sports” refers to the specific added value of the device, which provides programmes to prepare for competitions in this sport, treating and preventing typical injuries.
- Cycling Pro: any discipline of cycling
- Moto Pro: motorcycling, motorcycle racing
- Runner Pro: for running enthusiasts
- Soccer Pro: footballers
- Triathlon Pro: triathletes, including swimming, cycling and running
- The Champion: for multiple sports (Running, Swimming, Cycling, Football, Skiing, Cross Country, Volleyball, Golf, Martial Arts, Triathlon, Sailing, Tennis
- Pre-set operating programs
- 4 channels (8 electrodes)
- 2+2 function (2-2 different programs can be started for each channel, so you can treat your knee and your partner’s neck pain at the same time)
- Backlit display
- Feedback mechanism: detects patient contact – only start treatment when electrodes are in contact
- 7.2V, 1.8Ah rechargeable Ni-MH battery with charger
- Frequency: 0.3 – 150 Hz
- Pulse width (amplitude): 40 – 450 µs
- Maximum intensity: 120 mA, adjustable
- Constant current generator (guarantees a constant current for any condition of the skin and stops the current in case of electrode fall)
- Compensated biphasic square wave (signal quality is constant from positive to negative pole, no polarisation effect)
- If the mains charger is plugged in, for safety reasons, treatment cannot be started (does not allow switching on)
- Medical treatments
- TENS programme – pain relief
- Microcurrent (MENS and MCR) – Pain and anti-inflammatory treatment, stimulates healing
- Rehabilitation programmes to aid rehabilitation after knee surgery. Treatment of various forms of incontinence in some devices
- iontophoresis treatment programme, mainly to accelerate the healing of joint injuries (iontophoresis kit not included in the price)
- Fitness and Shaping – shaping, toning, overall fitness
- Beauty care – EMS treatments for beauty
- G-Pulse microcurrent beauty treatment – professional cosmetic programmes for the special G-Trode handpiece (handpiece sold separately)
- 3S sequential stimulation – neurorehabilitation, edema treatment, regeneration repair
- Sport – muscle fibre specific skills development, muscle regeneration, capillarisation, warm-up
- Sport specific – development programmes optimised for the specific sport.
- ActionNow programs – instant start programs to combine exercise and muscle stimulation
The device is multifunctional, i.e. it provides several electrical treatment modes. Each treatment mode can be used to solve a different problem.
TENS, i.e. electrical nerve stimulation through the skin, is mainly used to relieve musculoskeletal pain. They can also be used to reduce menstrual pain and, to a lesser extent, even cancer pain.
Traditional and endorphin programmes are mainly for pain relief for a few days, while modulated TENS programmes can be used for treatments lasting up to months. TENS treatment can be used instead of or to reduce pain medication. It can be used several times a day and lasts for a few hours after treatment.
EMS or NMES
In medical practice, electrical muscle stimulation is referred to by the abbreviation EMS or NMES. It is used to treat muscle-related problems. Muscle stiffness, muscle atrophy, slowing the loss of muscle strength and muscle mass, improving blood circulation, reducing muscle pain are its main applications. Used prior to musculoskeletal surgery in preparation for surgery, it improves surgical outcome. Afterwards, it is an almost indispensable adjunct to rehabilitation.
Muscle stimulation can be used by anyone who can move their limbs voluntarily. It can also be used to maintain and improve muscle condition after central paralysis (such as that caused by a stroke). This type of stimulation is not suitable for the treatment of peripheral paralysis (peroneal paresis, Bell’s palsy, paralysis due to spinal fracture, etc.) – that is what denervated treatment is for. Denerval treatment is not provided by sports stimulators.
FES or functional stimulation is commonly referred to as a stand-alone treatment. In fact, it is also muscle stimulation, performed here to regain some lost ability.
The most well known FES treatment is the treatment of incontinence (leakage of urine and/or faeces) (of those mentioned, only Triathlon Pro provides programmes).
A few days after paralysis due to a stroke, the muscles partially regain some mobility (in lucky cases), but become clumsy and weak. Muscle stimulation to regain strength and relearn movement is also functional stimulation.
MENS or MCR
A microcurrent is an extremely mild current (TENS or muscle stimulation current, for example, is a thousand times greater).
Microcurrent can be used to relieve pain (then called MENS, or microcurrent nerve stimulation) or to heal (then called MCR).
Microcurrent accelerates the healing of inflammatory processes (such as tendonitis, arthritis, arthrosis, etc.). It reduces oedema, so it is useful in the acute treatment of herniated discs, lumbago, sciatica and other radicular symptoms. It speeds up the healing of injuries, wounds, muscle tears, etc.
Microcurrent stimulates collagen production and thus the healing of wounds and scars – this can also be used in beauty care where it is effective in restoring skin elasticity and wrinkle treatment.
This device provides microcurrent treatment on 2 channels only (1 and 3 outputs from left) and requires a special (grey) cable (included in the price).
Iontophoresis is a type of current useful in the treatment of arthritis, sports injuries. It allows a drug (dissolved in water and electrically charged) to be delivered directly through the skin to the problem area, bypassing the digestive tract. This is its advantage. In the case of an ankle injury, for example, oral medication can reach all parts of the body, with only a minimal amount reaching the ankle. It should be the other way round: a lot should go to the ankle and a little to other parts of the body. Iontophoresis does just that.
Iontophoresis treatment (due to its nature) can only be performed on output 1 of the device.
|LAST 10 feature:
The device stores the 10 most recently executed programs. They can be quickly and easily selected and started from the list.
|AUTO STIM feature
Allows the user to run a program automatically without adjusting the intensity. Intensity values are automatically assigned based on the last execution of the program. The AUTO STIM function can only be used for TENS and EMS programs recorded in the “Last 10” memory.
|Run Time Function
Allows to modify the main parameters of the running program: treatment time, frequency, pulse duration. After pressing the Function button, the modification is possible.
Allows you to save your most used programs to memory (up to 15 per user) and quickly launch them from there.
|STIM LOCK function
Allows you to lock programs saved in the Treatment menu. Important when lending to patients who need to perform a program “locked” by the therapist (while no other program is allowed)
|Creating a program
Allows you to create and modify (15 in total) new programs, making the device extremely flexible and customisable.
Allows two different programmes (EMS or TENS) to be carried out simultaneously. Two patients or two muscle groups can be treated at the same time. The programming of channels 1-2 and 3-4 can be separated.
Allows individualized use of the device by multiple users. To access the Favorites and Last10 functions, the user must log in to their profile. This allows you to set up management plans for up to 10 people
Accessories and accessories
The price includes a basic package with the device, battery, mains charger, cables for stimulation and 2 packs of self-adhesive electrodes.
This is enough for you to use the basic functions of the device immediately, such as TENS / EMS / microcurrent functions.
The self-adhesive electrodes are sufficient for one person for hygiene reasons. If you want to use more than one, you should have a separate electrode pack for each person.
Self-adhesive electrodes provide the best quality treatment. But as its adhesive fails to adhere over time and the gel surface dries out, it wears out and you have to buy a new one. It’s like putting gas in your car. When you use it, it runs out and needs to be refilled.
We sell 3 electrode quality levels. Within these, you can choose from two types of connectors (pin and patent), several sizes and shapes (square, rectangular, oval, round, butterfly).
- ValueTrode: basic electrodes, suitable for TENS, EMS and even microcurrent treatments. They are stiffer so I don’t recommend these for face and neck.
- Ultrastim: these provide better stimulation conduction than ValueTrode electrodes, so for those with sensitive skin, this is a better choice. They are excellent for all forms of treatment, even nerve damage treatment. They are more flexible and thinner than ValueTrode electrodes, but PALS is better at this too.
- PALS: these are the highest quality electrodes Very evenly deliver current, so even the most sensitive skin will like them. I recommend this one for nerve damage. High flexibility makes them ideal for face, neck and surfaces with high curvature.
If you want to avoid having to buy the self-adhesive electrodes again, you can buy “more durable” accessories separately.
Durable electrodes are usually made of silicone or carbon. They can be used for pain relief, muscle stimulation and iontophoresis. They cannot be used for microcurrent treatment!
The signal transmission of permanent electrodes is weaker than that of self-adhesive electrodes, so the effectiveness of the treatment is lower, while the unpleasant stinging and burning associated with the treatment is much stronger.
If you do a lot of treatment, however, permanent electrodes may be cheaper. If you do little treatment, I recommend self-adhesives instead.
This is a silicone-carbon sheet, you can get it in 2 sizes from us. 5×5 and 5x9cm.
You can also apply the rubber electrode directly to the skin, but the surface needs to be thoroughly wet. Water can dry up quickly from body heat, so we recommend contact gel instead.
The other option is to buy it with a sponge case. The sponge bag should be dipped in water, and then the rubber electrode should be slipped into this wet bag and placed on the skin.
As the electrode will not stick to the skin in either case, it must be secured with adhesive tape or an elastic strap with Velcro.
An elastic strap is an accessory for treating the muscles of the arm or leg.
It is recommended for use primarily with edema reducing “3S sequential” programs, as well as with contouring treatments.
NOT suitable for sports, specific sports and microcurrent programs.
There are two packs, 2 pairs for thighs and a set of 4 pairs for the whole limb.
The elastic electrodes are made of special textile and must be thoroughly soaked before application.
This is a neoprene belt that allows treatment on 3 channels.
The belt attaches to the waist. Then the back muscles and the lateral ligaments of the posterior trunk muscles can be treated.
If you turn it to the abdominal side, the impulse can be given to the rectus abdominis and the bilateral oblique abdominis.
The belt is 100cm, stretches slightly due to the material and is available with a Velcro extension. The two together can be good up to 140 cm in circumference.
Excellent for shaping treatments, post-pregnancy recovery.
For various forms of waist pain, we recommend the UltraStim belt.
A neoprene belt designed to treat the lower back. It is used to treat back pain, lumbar sprains, sciatica and herniated discs.
The Ultrastim PAD electrode is glued to the electrode pad on the inside of the belt, it will adhere to the muscles next to the spine.
This allows you to increase the channel count of your stimulator. Putting it on the end of one cable “creates” two cables. This way you can use your 4 channel stimulator with up to 16 electrodes.
However, splitting the channels also means that you need to increase the treatment current to get the same effect. This means a more uncomfortable treatment. However, if you do not increase the current, the treatment effect will be less with the doubled cable than without splitting.
Available in 5 types: glove, sock, wrist, elbow and knee treatment.
Primarily used to treat polyneuropathy and joint, tendon or muscle pain and can be used with TENS programs. Not suitable for muscle stimulation, microcurrent treatment.
For treatment, the textile electrode should be thoroughly immersed in water and applied wet. When used dry, the electrical impulse transmitted is inadequate and the treatment burns, stings and is uncomfortable.
Motor point pen
This device is recommended for muscle stimulation. It has two main uses.
1, It helps to locate the motor point. The motor point is the place where the motor nerve reaches the muscle.
Knowing the point is important because the most effective muscle stimulation can be achieved by sticking the electrode there.
2, When treating small muscles – for example, facial nerve paralysis – the motor point pen can be moved continuously from muscle to muscle as the treatment progresses.
For use exclusively with the G-Pulse professional cosmetic programmes of Globus electro-stimulators. Optional accessory. Buy only if your device has G-Pulse programs.
Contraindications to electrotherapy
Electrotherapeutic treatments (TENS, EMS, MENS, FES, ETS, CES, microcurrent, iontophoresis, denervated, selective stimulation current, Kotz, interferential, etc.) are safe and free of side effects.
There are very few conditions that are considered contraindications.
The current position is that it is FORBIDDEN for any electrotherapy treatment for patients with pacemakers or implanted defibrillators.
Other conditions are not exclusionary, the pros and cons of their use should be weighed (by the treating physician).
I write my blog articles based on decades of medical and medical technology experience.
Healing work and therapeutic methods are constantly changing and evolving. Medical devices designed for personal use provide a new range of treatments for the doctor and the patient.
In my articles I describe these new devices and their applications.
I hope to help you maintain or regain your health.